Saundrie

After much prodding by other bloggers, I set this up for my own writings. The name is in honour of the two women that mentored me throughout my life on politics and intelligence issues, as well as being wonderful family members, now alas deceased. I hope to live up to their standards at this site.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Men's Curling...GOLD!!!

What a beautiful game by the Canadian men's team! This game was over after eight ends with a final score of 10-4. The end that decided this was the sixth, when Canada scored SIX to go from a 4-3 lead to a 10-3 lead, and the Fins could not catch up. They managed to score one more in the eighth, but they conceeded at the end of that end. This was one of the most enjoyable curling matches I have watched in some time. Up until the sixth end it was a nice nailbiter kind of game, where anything could happen for either side. Both sides played excellent games IMHO, and the Canadian team earned this gold, this was no easy win despite the final score.

Congradulations Team Canada (Curling), and I bet there are going to be massive partying on the Rock tonight! Way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home