Saundrie

After much prodding by other bloggers, I set this up for my own writings. The name is in honour of the two women that mentored me throughout my life on politics and intelligence issues, as well as being wonderful family members, now alas deceased. I hope to live up to their standards at this site.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sorry for the absence

This is just a housekeeping note to those that actually come by to read what I have posted. The past three weeks have not been terribly good ones for my health and it kept me offline for pretty much the entire time. Of course that is when things start getting interesting again in federal politics, both in Canada and in the USA. I expect I will have a lot to say from the weekend onwards though over the next fortnight, especially with the Plame grand jury expiring on Oct 28 and the release of the first Gomery report on Nov 1. I hope I did not worry anyone or give them reason to think I had packed up from blogging, if nothing else I am way too opinionated to do such a thing...:)

Incidentally, someone ought to tell Brian Pallister that making things up and conflating them like he did with the Dingwall expense accounts may make for good soundbites to start out with, but when it becomes clear that those soundbites hold little to no connection to reality it does tend to really bite one in the backside. Just ask Germant Grewal about that one. Wayching CPAC this week and the committee hearing with Dingwall reminded me yet again why I distrust anything I hear from the CPC when it come to "horrible outrageous scandals" by Liberals. They really need to turn the gain down from the maximum setting and demonstrate that they understand the reality of a situation by having outrage levels that are actually appropriate for the matter in question. Turning everything into the worst case scenario and then decrying it as the obvious reality does not enhance one's credibility. This is one of the CPC's biggest problems politically in my view, something the last weeks have reminded me of yet again.

Well, expect to see a new post within the next 24-48 hrs dealing with politics, I am on the mend and rarin' to go...just got to be careful not to overdo it on my return so as to prevent another absence.

I will add this: I do not release personal information and details about my life because I know the internet is far less anonymous than many believe it to be. I also know there are many nutcases out there that I would not want to have to interact with in the real (as opposed to virtual) world. That said, I will tell people now that my health generally is variable, and because of that I can on occasion have to withdraw from the online world. It is a chronic condition, and unfortunately not only dibilitating but if not treated properly can be fatal, which is why I can be gone for a few weeks at a time. Hopefully that will not be happening again anytime soon, but I thought in fairness to those few people that actually like reading my thoughts this should be known so as to not worry people that I have disappeared for good the next time this happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Montreal said...

Glad you're feeling better, Scotian. I agree whole-heartedly about the overly bombastic character of the CPC's rhetoric. Makes them look scary; like you should hold your kids tight if you pass them on the street.

Mon Oct 24, 12:17:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home